Tuesday 14 April 2015

SPORT: Luis Suarez: Real Madrid Wanted Me Before Barcelona and FIFA Treated Me Worse Than a Hooligan. READ HERE>>>>>>>>>

 FC Barcelona v Real Madrid CF - La Liga

Luis Suarez has revealed that Real Madrid tried to sign him when he was securing his exit from Liverpool last summer, but admits he never had any intention of going there after he knew that Barcelona wanted him.

"Madrid were very interested in me, but my dream was always Barça. When I heard the name of Barça, I did not hesitate at any moment," he told the Spanish media this week.
View image on Twitter


"You never know what will happen in football, but luck would have it that Barça knocked on my door, and that was the club I wanted. It was a dream that I had had for many years and it came true," the Uruguayan continued.

Suarez endured a tough few months when he first arrived at Camp Nou, still banned by FIFA after his World Cup bite, and many thought he was struggling to fit into the same side as Lionel Messi and Neymar.

FC Barcelona v Sevilla FC - La Liga
However, now he says it is "quite the opposite," adding, "for me it is a privilege. It makes life easier for me, because in the other teams I have played in I felt an enormous responsibility. Being surrounded by such great players is a weight off.

"(Messi) is a great team-mate and very humble. To play with him and with Neymar is a privilege."

The one player that continues to wow him the most though is Andres Iniesta. "I'm still surprised, because he has things that you cannot even begin to imagine. He is spectacular," Suarez commented on the midfield maestro.

Asked once more about that infamous bite last summer, the third such incident, the 28-year-old explained, "The bite on Chiellini was the worst moment of my career. I let myself down, my country, my wife and my children.

Italy v Uruguay: Group D - 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil

"The bites were partly my fault and partly because of the provocation of (Branislav) Ivanovic and Chiellini. Now they continue provoking me, but now I go or speak well. I am more intelligent."

But despite now being apologetic, Suarez still maintains that FIFA punished him far too harshly and threw the book at him with the four month worldwide ban that was handed down.

"Someone who stabs or a hooligan is not treated worse than the way FIFA treated me. I didn't kill anyone," he said.


do not forget to comment, like and share.

No comments: