Thursday 30 April 2015

“My Cocaine Ordeal Remains My Most Bitter Experience”-Yetunde Wunmi Bares It All... READ MORE

yetundee2
 Popular Yoruba actress, Alhaja Taiwo Akinwande, better known as Yetunde Wunmi is set to celebrate 35 years of being a veteran actress and a talented film maker. She also plans to release her biography which will chronicle her life and career so far.
In an interview with Encomium, Yetunde opened up on her life so far, her career, ups and downs and what being 55 with 35 years of acting exxperience has taught her. See excerpts from the interview:

At 55, is there anything the new age has slowed down in you?
Nothing at all. I am still the same vibrant person. In terms of my career, there is no role I can’t play. Even I produced a movie in 2014 entitled, Sussy Mama. I dressed like a young girl but a lot of criticisms trailed the role because of my religion. People from my mosque condemned the dresses I wore and the character I interpreted in the movie. Since then, I have vowed not to play that kind of a role again. I don’t want to do anything again that will run contrary to my faith.
What’s the bitter experience that still lingers in your memory till date?
I believe everybody knows that. I don’t think I should still be discussing that on the pages of newspaper or magazine again. So far it has become history.
You mean the cocaine trafficking palaver?
Yes, but I thank God it’s now a thing of the past.
Can you still recall how you felt then?
It was a shocking and sad experience. But despite that, I still held on to my God and He didn’t disappoint me. He only used the incident as a lesson for me. I believe strongly in God, that’s why I conquered. It’s not an easy experience at all. But one thing is that if God loves you, He would warn you just like an adage that says, Omo ti baba ba feran lo n fa leti. I will forever be grateful to Him.
Would you ever move near such a thing again?
You don’t need to ask that kind of question at all. From all I had explained to you, do you think such a thing can happen again? Besides, I have been in a covenant with God that I will never do such a thing again. Nothing can push me into that kind of a situation again.
At 55 and 35 years in acting, what special lesson would you say life has taught you?
Life has taught me not to rely on fellow human beings. Don’t think you have friends. Make God your only friend because if anything happens to you, those you think are your friends will be the first to run away. They will just abandon you to your fate.








do not forget to comment, like and share.

No comments: