Monday 15 June 2015

“Ernest Asuzu, If You’re Sick; Actor Guild of Nigeria is Not a Hospital!” AGN President, Ibinabo Fiberesima Lashes Out At Ernest Asuzu

Screen Shot 2015-06-15 at 12.51.00 PM  “Ernest Asuzu, If You’re Sick; Actor Guild of Nigeria is Not a Hospital!” AGN President, Ibinabo Fiberesima Lashes Out At Ernest Asuzu Screen Shot 2015 06 15 at 12

 The Actors Guild of Nigeria has asked ailing Nollywood actor , Ernest Asuzu, to stop embarrassing officials of the guild on the media because of his condition.

In an earlier interview published by our sister title, Sunday Tribune, the actor had said  he  had suffered stroke and was abandoned by his colleagues. He particularly stated that the President of the Actors Guild of Nigeria ignored him.


He said: “I was in LASUTH for two months, three days and for that long, nobody from Nollywood, not even Ibinabo (Fiberesima), visited me. And she heard that I was admitted there. My friends told her that I was down with stroke and she pretended as if she didn’t hear. It’s not fair. I’m a human being too.

“I am limping right now, because I have stroke. I am limping because my people don’t care. I’m limping because the industry is already messed up. I don’t know what Ibinabo is doing. Ibinabo is just gallivanting.

She is having fun and that is not the reason we put her there. She should go out there and fight for our people.”

However, when Saturday Tribune reached out to the president of the Actors Guild of Nigeria, Ibinabo Fiberesima, she said in a phone interview, “does Ernest know we have a health plan? Is AGN a hospital?

When last did he pay his dues? I have kept quiet for too long and this doesn’t mean I am a fool. I don’t go about abusing people on the pages of newspapers.

If he is sick he should take care of himself and stop begging on the streets and tell people what exactly is wrong with him. I am Ibinabo and AGN is a body. He should stop rubbishing my name on the pages of newspapers.”



do not forget to comment, like and share.