Thursday 18 June 2015

Shine Begho OAP says Cool FM told her to choose between her job and marriage.

Shine Begho said that the management told her to transfer to the sister station in Abuja despite knowing she was newly married.



 
Now Shine is about to start her own media company. (Linda Ikeji)

Popular on-air-personality Shine Begho has revealed that she is no longer with Cool FM.

In an interview with That 1960 Chick, she said that her relationship with the management of the radio station deteriorated after two months of her marriage in February, 2015.


Shine Begho said that the management told her to transfer to the sister station in Abuja despite knowing she was newly married. "Things got worse after I got  married, less than two months after getting married, I was told to go to move to Cool FM Abuja. My married life just started! I can’t leave my husband just like that! My position wasn't  considered at all even though I begged for management to see reason!"

"It came across to me they didn’t care about my new life. They said my husband didn’t have a say in this decision and indirectly told me to choose between my job and my marriage. Of course I choose my marriage! It was not a hard decision to make, I have been taken for granted, I have been stagnant, it was time to make a change" she said.

Now Shine is about to start her own media company. "I’m in the process of  starting up my own media company – Vendrika Media. Thank God for the support of a good husband, we are in this together so now I am about to shoot my own TV shows while also presenting syndicated radio shows like the “Spirit of success party” radio show that airs every Friday at 9.30pm on all Rhythm Fm radio stations nationwide. Since I left cool fm it’s been a blessing, it’s time to own my own thing, it’s not going to be easy but the end result is going to be huge and am excited."

She is also doing freelance presenting and MC-ing.


do not forget to comment, like and share.