Friday 15 May 2015

Ex-Blue Andre Schurrle Will Get Winners' Medal from Chelsea Boss Jose Mourinho.. READ MORE

Ex-Blue Andre Schurrle Will Get Winners' Medal from Chelsea Boss Jose Mourinho


Andre Schurrle was under the assumption that his bit-part first-half role on theChelsea side that won the Premier League wouldn't result in him receiving a Premier League winners' medal. 

But Jose Mourinho is hardly an ordinary manager. 
Schurrle was sold to Wolfsburg for £22 million over the winter transfer window, as the talented German's playing time was dwindling on a deep Chelsea side. 
Mourinho sent his former winger a text informing him that the club has a medal waiting for him and that he'd love it if Schurrle could attend Chelsea's last Premier League game of the season. 
Schurrle joined the Blues in 2013 from Bayer Leverkusen but was mostly reduced to substitute duties in 14 appearances. 
The World Cup winner revealed the classy exchange with his former manager to the BBC.
I didn't know that I'd get a medal when I didn't play most of the second half of the season.
Jose Mourinho sent me a text to say that I'd get a medal and he asked me to come to the last game. That was very nice for me. 
I'm really happy for the boys. They played a very good second half of the season so of course, for me, it's good to get a medal but the boys did the work. ...
I love Chelsea still, I'm not frustrated, it was a great experience.
Say what you will about Mourinho's managerial style, but he's shown time and time again that he's a downright decent guy off the pitch. 


do not forget to comment, like and share.

No comments: