Thursday 16 July 2015

Parents Beware 'I killed my husband because my father forced me to marry him' - Teenager

This 17-year-old girl was forced to marry a mentally deranged man and it ended in disaster.

Kwenume and Wensu 
Kwenume and Wensu



The 17-year-old Benin Republic girl, Kwenume Ojo, who reportedly poisoned her  32-year-old husband, Jimoh, in the Makoko area of Yaba, Lagos State on June 19, has revealed that she hated the man because her father forced her to marry him against her wishes.

Kwenume who is currently being detained at the State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID), confessed to the police that she actually poisoned Jimoh who was said to be mentally disturbed and blamed her father for the forced marriage which produced a one year old daughter.


She also said that she was in love with a younger man and had run to him three times but her father would come and force her back to Jimoh who did not take care of her.

She also said that her father forced her into the marriage to stop her from marrying her boyfriend.

However, she decided to send the man to the world beyond and sought out her boyfriend's brother, Wensu, who is an herbalist and he gave a substance which she put inside Jimoh's soft drink with the hope that when he dies, she would be free to marry her man.

In the night of the fateful day, Kwenume actually forced Jimoh to drink the poison.

Hear her:

“I was born in Lagos, though I am from Cotonou, Benin Republic. My father married two wives and he had nine children. My mother had six children for him and I am number four. I did not go to school because my father did not allow me.

I had a boyfriend, Papa, whom I dated for two years. I wanted to marry him, but my father refused because my elder sister was married to Papa’s brother.

I was at home one day when my father brought some people and said I should look at all of them and say if I liked them, and I said yes. He then asked me to go. It was the next day that they took me to Jimoh.

But I did not love him because he did not take care of me. He was mentally disturbed.

On three different occasions, I ran away from home. But whenever I got home, my father would ask me to go back, saying marriage was always full of challenges.

On the fateful day, I went to the market to buy fish for my sister-in-law when I saw Wensu on the road. He gave me the poison and said I should put it in my husband’s drink. I put it in his drink and he took it himself.”

Do not Forget to Like, Comment and Share

No comments: